Thu 07 Apr 2016
Mary Robertson BA (Hons), Senior negotiator - Sales department
After last month’s very popular Pimms cake, our Exeter sales manager’s wife brings you another crowd pleaser…
What you’ll need
- 3 good size bananas
- 125g baking spread like Lurpak
- 150g caster sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 0.5tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- 2lb loaf tin, lined
What to do
- Weigh the baking spread into a medium size bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Peel the bananas and break into the melted spread. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth.
- Weigh the remaining ingredients (apart from the Nutella) into the mix, and using an electric hand whisk, mix until combined and fluffy. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Spoon two table spoons of Nutella into the mix, ribbon one over the surface to distribute it. Using another spoon lightly fold through and ribbon the remaining table spoon over the top.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 170C for approximately 35-45mins until cooked though and golden.
- Allow to cool for around 15 minutes, then turn it out.
- The cake is delicious slightly warm and it get stickier and stickier as it matures.
More deliciousness from www.paperdoyleys.co.uk