Tue 21 Feb 2017
Here’s a great recipe we found recently and not tooooo unhealthy!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 mins plus cooling
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 120g low fat yogurt
- 2 medium free range eggs, beaten
- 50g clear honey
- 100g dates, chopped
- 50g natural wheatgerm
- 100g wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g rolled oats
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 75g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line a 23 x 32cm baking tin with baking parchment.
2. Mix together the bananas and yogurt, then stir in the eggs and honey until well blended.
3. Add the dates, wheatgerm, flour, baking powder and rolled oats and stir together well. Fold in the sunflower seeds and chopped chocolate.
4. Spread the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes until nicely browned and cooked through. Cut in half lengthways, then cut into bars. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
Thanks to Waitrose for this recipe.